Creamy and delicious white chicken enchiladas and topped with cheese! One of my favorite recipes to prepare for my children when they come to visit. A favorite for all ages!
- 8 flour tortillas, soft taco size
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used half of a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 disk with cooking spray. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in dish seam side down.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Allow sauce to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and then broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.