Creamy and delicious, this delectable, make-ahead Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole has a crunchy corn-flake topping. Great for feeding a whole crowd at brunch or breakfast!
- 1 (2-pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 3.5- or 4-quart temp-tations® baking dish, combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons melted butter, cream of onion soup, sour cream, onion, bell pepper, Cheddar cheese and black pepper. Mix well and spread evenly throughout the dish.
- Toss cornflakes in the remaining melted butter and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 40 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Cool 10 minutes before serving.