Lobster Mac & Cheese
A new favorite. Lobster Mac & Cheese from Tara. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (3 pound) lobster, split
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 shallots, chopped
- 15 black peppercorns
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 pounds Gruyere cheese
- 4 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan. I double this sauce, so that there is extra for serving.
- In a mixing bowl mix all remaining ingredients through crackers.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a 8×8 dish. You can make it in a loaf dish but the larger pan allows the fat to drain away from the loaf.
- Spread enough of the ketchup mixture on the top to generously cover the loaf. Allow it to drop down the sides. It will help keep the meat moist and add tremendous flavor.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- While the meat cooks bring the extra sauce to a boil and then simmer on low. Serve over mashed potatoes, drizzle with extra sauce.