A brown sugar sauce is baked on top of this meatloaf to keep the loaf super moist and extra delicious! Works well with mashed potatoes and extra sauce on the side!!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirloin or beef
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ rounded teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ rounded teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cups finely crushed saltine crackers (about 12 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan. I double this sauce, so that there is extra for serving.
- In a mixing bowl mix all remaining ingredients through crackers.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a 8×8 dish. You can make it in a loaf dish but the larger pan allows the fat to drain away from the loaf.
- Spread enough of the ketchup mixture on the top to generously cover the loaf. Allow it to drop down the sides. It will help keep the meat moist and add tremendous flavor.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- While the meat cooks bring the extra sauce to a boil and then simmer on low. Serve over mashed potatoes, drizzle with extra sauce.